Monday, January 28, 2008

Introduction to Blogland!

Since we have been online here for a little over a week I thought I would put out my view on what this blog is and what it represents.

To me, the internet represents the ultimate venue for communication. A person can log on and get almost any type of information at anytime from anywhere. Many followers of Christ feel hesitation about the content on the internet and stay away, fearing a corrosive influence. However, I would rather use the medium for a positive effect instead of staying away from it entirely. We can use the internet as a tool to make a difference in elevating the conversation online, even if it is in a small way. I am glad to be serving a community of faith that encourages this type of communication and isn't afraid to try new things.

Here are my beliefs on this forum.

1. Everyone is welcome here.

I am not necessarily viewing this as a Higher Calling blog. I want the range of communication to be much more far reaching than that. If you are a visitor here, we are glad to have you on board and I hope you bookmark this site and keep returning. Bear with us because I will use this site to communicate with Higher Calling Church at different points. I want to use this forum to address what is going on in our local community and around the world. Feel free to engage in conversation in the comment section, and try to keep it civil. Don't make me pull this blog over!

2. Feedback is welcome and encouraged.


I want to hear from you! More than anything, I want to discuss things that are important and relevant to what you are going through. The internet isn't just merely for information spreading, to me its true potential is in its capacity to support a conversation. There are easy ways to communicate with me directly here. One, you can leave a comment on the blog. Click on the comment section at the bottom of every post and follow the directions to post your comment. I would appreciate you leaving a name or some way for me to know who you are, but it is not required at this time. Two, you can send me an email at cardzfan24@sbcglobal.net

I will tag posts so you can search through the archives. Every post is saved so you can go back and look at them at a later date. You can click on the tags on the right hand side of the page and see every post under that tag.

Are you ready? Let's have fun!

No comments: