Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Superbowl Week Fun

It is finally Superbowl week, and since the Colts are out and the Pats are still in, I figured we could celebrate this week in sports by focusing on Peyton Manning and completely ignoring Tom Brady. Sound good? Awesome.

My idea is to go through Peyton's Top 10 commercials. We are going to review the career of our favorite actor/QB and I am going to list my favorite commercials. Today, we are going to start with some honorable mentions.

Honorable Mention: The DSRL Press Conference.

Good stuff all around, but it doesn't make the top 10 because I hold this ad completely responsible for the Colts loss to San Diego. We were cruising until this spot came on, then we fell apart. Meanwhile, Eli Manning was playing at an insanely high level and led his team to the SB. In this commercial, Eli beats Peyton in the DSRL. Coincidence? I think not.

Honorable Mention: Sony HDTV

This commercial is weird. Peyton is walking around and inserting himself into every area of the Sony TV process. Honestly, this makes me think Peyton needs psychological help. I have more questions than answers about this commercial, and I'm not any more inclined to by a Sony HDTV than before. How far did Peyton walk to watch TV with those guys? Isn't their reaction a bit odd? What exactly would you do if Peyton just walked in your living room and sat down on your couch? Crazy. Top 10 starts tomorrow.

No comments: