Monday, July 28, 2008

Why do what you do?

Have you ever taken the time to examine in your life why you do the things you do?  Things like work, relationships, education, spirituality...why do you engage (or not engage) in certain things?

I have been thinking about this a lot from the perspective of our community of faith at Higher Calling.  If I am not careful, it is far too easy for me to become apathetic.....maybe you are the same.  In these times it is important to me to know WHY I do what I do, it gives me motivation, passion, and purpose to know the WHY of my life.

I have decided I do the things I do because I genuinely love God.  I am confused by Him, I rarely understand the path He chooses for me and for others, but I trust Him and love Him.  The only reason I can continue doing what I am doing is because of His power working in me, and I will always be grateful for the many blessings He has given me.  I do what I do because of what He has already done for me.

I also sincerely love people.  Not just love people, either, I actually like them (I just lost some of you!).  I like meeting people and getting to know them.  I like being a part of people's stories, and I like being with people as their journeys are shaped.  I like sharing with the highs and the lows

More than anything, I like introducing people to God.  I'll tell you what's the most incredible thing of all:  when I meet people again after they have met God.  It's like meeting a completely new person.  I love that.

And its why I do what I do.

No comments: